[aur-requests] [PRQ#28988] Orphan Request for mozc

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Nov 2 10:17:24 UTC 2021

Nocifer [1] filed an orphan request for mozc [2]:

I'm the creator and maintainer of ibus-mozc-ut, fcitx5-mozc-ut, emacs-
mozc-ut and mozc-ut-common, and I would like to adopt this package,
update it and merge it into my family of packages, with the end goal
being to eventually rid the AUR of all the outdated/unmaintained Mozc
packages and provide users with a few well-maintained choices,
hopefully with the assistance and collaboration of all the currently
active Mozc package maintainers.

I haven't tried to first contact the original author (@ponsfoot)
because it's been 3 years since they last updated this package, or any
of the other packages they used to maintain, so it's obvious to me
that for the time being they've ceased having an interest in activelly
maintaining them.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Nocifer/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mozc/