[aur-requests] [PRQ#27960] Deletion Request for multimc-git Rejected

Christopher Snowhill (kode54) kode54 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:22:37 UTC 2021

Okay, this has changed yet again. The public repo now contains the necessary source files to build the "secrets" object file, which, if it contains a string, will notify the app that it may try to enable MSA / Microsoft Account authentication. The source file also documents what any aspiring developer needs to create an Azure account app definition to register their own client ID for this purpose. I have already done so for my own personal build of MultiMC for macOS for Apple Silicon, which only then requires the m1-multimc-hack repository to slip in an arm64 native lwjgl. This is slightly off topic for this list, but does indicate that it's fully possible to build your own fully functional versions of the app from source again. Assuming that anyone who maintains this PKGBUILD really wants to outright publish their application ID in the open for anyone to build the package, or assuming instead that maintainer wishes to require all users to supply their own Azure account to produce fully functional builds.