[aur-requests] [PRQ#33904] Merge Request for network-ups-tools-git

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Apr 9 09:46:41 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 05:02:13PM +0800, Mike Yuan wrote:
> Although it's a -git package, we still need to update the PKGBUILD and
> systemd units according to the community/nut. I have to admit that renaming
> the package was one of the my reasons, though...

I don't see why "we need to" have the same PKGBUILD as the community
package. Sure, it might make sense to update accordingly, and perhaps it
would even make sense to name the package the same as the community one
(I think network-ups-tools in the AUR turned into nut in [community]).

...however, a hostile takeover attempt without ever contacting the
existing maintainer is perhaps not the best way to do so, don't you
think?

Hell, you could've even asked to be added as a co-maintainer and I'd
gladly have done so, but not after this.

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/