[aur-requests] [PRQ#34124] Orphan Request for python-torchvision

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Apr 19 09:50:17 UTC 2022

rmsc [1] filed an orphan request for python-torchvision [2]:

For many years the package maintainer has refused to fix problems,
instead pointing users to install precompiled binaries from
archlinuxcn.

Whenever a problem is found, the maintainer asks the user to build in
a clean chroot. In many of those cases, there are upstream bug reports
with patches that could be included.

I'm sorry if I somehow am abusing the "orphan" request, but reading
the most recent comments put me in a really bad mood.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/rmsc/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-torchvision/