[aur-requests] [PRQ#34142] Merge Request for vi-vim-symlink

Doug Newgard dnewgard at outlook.com
Wed Apr 20 14:30:09 UTC 2022

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:21:17 -0500
Pedro A. López-Valencia <palopezv at null.net> wrote:

> I agree with you Doug. The package is a stop gap measure as is. The
> issue at hand is that vi-vim-symlink has not been touched in 7 years and
> uses a fancy shell function that is as of this month it is apparently
> broken, see
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vi-vim-symlink#comment-860963 I think
> my package is better precisely because it is a list of symlink creation
> commands. Simplicity over fancyness. That's why I've already asked that
> vi-vim-symlink be merged into my package instead.
>
> I will be extremely happy to see my package dissappear when the
> maintainer of the vim/gvim packages in extra gets off  his high horse
> and acknowledges the needs of his users. But not before.

The link you provided is wrong. There's no CRLF, there's no actual problem.
Nothing is broken.

The other package should not be merged into yours, yours should be deleted as a
duplicate. It's also not all that great quality wise anyway, with the serious
misunderstandings of how depends, provides, conflicts, and replaces work.