[aur-requests] [PRQ#36748] Deletion Request for caffe2-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Aug 3 04:50:29 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for caffe2-git [2]:

caffe2 is part of the source and build output of PyTorch since 2018.

Currently python-pytorch is available in [community] repo.
AUR has a python-pytorch-git package - though it is an orphan as of
now.

But still I think it is redundant to have the legacy caffe2-git
package if its sources have been upstreamed to PyTorch such a long
time ago.

Therefore I suggest deletion, unless there are compelling reasons to
keep this.

Maintainer @dbermond has already informed users about the caffe2
migration to PyTorch in a comment in 2018. There are no newer user
comments since that time.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/caffe2-git/