[aur-requests] [PRQ#36834] Deletion Request for pyvnc

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Aug 6 14:15:50 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for pyvnc [2]:

Orphaned Python 2 package. Project has not been updated since 2018.
[a]

Its only AUR consumer is sacks, which is a discontinued Py2 and Qt4
based FOSS videoconferencing stack based on external applications and
was hosted by an Italian NGO advocating for digital freedoms in the
2000's. Their website and videoconferencing backend servers seems to
have been shut down after 2016.

The developer and package maintainer of sacks have disowned that
package as well as this one after my prompt about the status of these
packages.

So I infer they don't need this package, and it can be deleted as it
serves no useful purpose anymore.

[a] https://github.com/cair/pyVNC

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/pyvnc/