[aur-requests] [PRQ#36836] Deletion Request for kamaki

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Aug 6 17:00:38 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for kamaki [2]:

This Python 2 based "command line tool for managing (OpenStack)
clouds" has not seen any updates since 2017. [a]

The package on AUR has been defunct since Dec 2021 due to missing Py2
dependency. But no one complained or fixed the issue.

On AUR, only snf-image-creator depends on it, but I've requested
deletion for that, because that Py2 based tool also has been
discontinued (since 2018) and is missing several Py2 depends.

So I recommend deleting this deprecated and defunct package as well.

[a] https://pypi.org/project/kamaki/

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/kamaki/