[aur-requests] [PRQ#36839] Deletion Request for deskcon-desktop-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Aug 6 18:10:18 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for deskcon-desktop-git [2]:

This unofficial fork of a desktop integration toolkit for Android
phones based on Python 2 Gtk2 has been discontinued since 2015. [a]

Its upstream fork's development ended in 2014. [b]

Today there are many currently maintained and well-developed solutions
to integrate Android and Linux desktop interactive features and
notifications, file / calendar / contacts syncing and remote input
control (like the one I use, KDE Connect on Plasma Desktop).

So I recommend deleting this obsolete VCS package.

There are no user comments since 2017 and nothing depends on it.

[a] https://github.com/MK-42/deskcon-desktop
[b] https://github.com/screenfreeze/deskcon-desktop

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/deskcon-desktop-git/