[aur-requests] [PRQ#36497] Orphan Request for go-scc-git Rejected

Muflone muflone at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 9 08:42:07 UTC 2022

> Maintainer has had more than a hundred packages staying flagged OOD since 2015 -2018, then he was leaving some angry comments in April 2022 attacking me because of orphaning and updating some of his former packages, then again going MIA, and they have not updated any of their existing packages for 15+ months.

The maintainer called aksr actually has 351 packages which of them 14
are out of date, that means less than 4% of his packages are OOD (less
than mine).

> A user mentioned specific pkgver() failure in April 2022 in their OOD remark, quoting the deprecated / unsupported command used in the build.
>
> Isn't this reason enough for orphaning?

oh correct, the OOD message refers a building problem.
While this is not the correct place where to file a building issue, the
package can be considered not updated or maintained.

Now let me allow a word about how a community member should behave: if
you believe to have found an issue in a package that you can fix, help
the maintainer by offering your help (a fixed PKGBUILD, a patch, a
comment how to fix the package, a mail), not by asking to get his packages.

Unfortunately in the comments box I cannot spot any help from you or
even a message to help him or help other users how to fix the issue.
Try to believe the maintainer could have missed the OOD notification.

I'd be tempted to reject again the orphan request but instead I'm
orphaning the package now just only because the user aksr seems far from
AUR, his last login was more than 3 months ago.

Please behave well and collaborate with existing maintainers.

best regards

--
Fabio Castelli aka Muflone