[aur-requests] [PRQ#36932] Merge Request for usql-bin

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Aug 11 08:22:42 UTC 2022

nineinchnick [1] filed a request to merge usql-bin [2] into usql [3]:

Building Go programs from the source is quick and require very few
dependencies (just go) so having a binary package is not justified and
might be confusing to users. Having a single package would also help
keep it up-to-date. Hence I propose merging them.

This was suggested by the author of `usql`, Kenneth Shaw, who's now
the co-maintainer of the `usql` package. I'm a contributor to `usql`
and was also recently added as a co-maintainer to the `usql` package.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/nineinchnick/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/usql-bin/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/usql/