[aur-requests] [PRQ#32175] Deletion Request for dot-tools Accepted

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:08:27 UTC 2022

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 9:04 AM <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Request #32175 has been Accepted by Muflone [1]:
>
> [Autogenerated] Accepted deletion for dot-tools.

This is a mistake.

I have already explained why this is a mistake, and the original
reporter--Mark Wagie--already accepted it was a mistake.

But my mail was dropped by the mailing list handler, I suppose because
I wasn't subscribed. I do not think people should need to be
subscribed in order to reply to deletion requests.

So now I've had to subscribe, and repeat once again the explanation.

This is *not* a personal script, and this does *not* clone my personal dotfiles.

My personal dotfiles are stored here:

https://github.com/felipec/dotfiles

As the title of the package dot-tools clearly state: Tools for
distributed dotfiles.

This tool is to help manage *everyone*'s dotfiles, not just mine.

And as you can see in the README file:

Tools for managing dotfiles using git.

There is a very similar tool which is actually part of the community repository:

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/yadm/

And it also allows you to clone dotfiles repositories with the `yadm
clone` command.

The third project--dot-team--are not my personal dotfiles, but a
project where I hope to share dotfiles so we don't all end up
repeating the same configurations over and over.

dot-tools can clone dot-team, but you don't need to.

Just like you can clone dot-team with yadm, but you don't need to.

I have released dot-team-0.1, and you can read my blog post explaining
what it is and why it can be helpful [1]. Of course the AUR part
doesn't apply any more because you deleted the package.

Cheers.

[1] https://felipec.wordpress.com/2022/02/22/dot-team-0-1/

--
Felipe Contreras