[aur-requests] [PRQ#31469] Deletion Request for soundconverter-git

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sat Jan 15 01:22:58 UTC 2022

Brett Cornwall <ainola at archlinux.org> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]

>>Hello,
>>
>>Isn't one comment enough? The program itself is well maintained, has
>>versioned tarball releases (latest in Octobre 2021) and works as expected.
>
> A comment from 1.5 years ago is not very recent...
>
> If the package has been broken for that whole time without
> rectification I'd say that the package is poorly maintained. :)
>
> The program itself is well maintained and is included in the official
> repos. This is in regards to the -git version.
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

Hello,

yes, it was poorly maintained, but the normal reaction to a poorly
maintained package is filing an orphan request, in the hope that another
maintainer will do a better maintenance. Deletion requests normally
apply to badly maintained upstream projects (not the case here,
otherwise the stable version would not be in the repo), duplicates of
repo packages (debatable, maybe the difference to the stable release is
too small) or other AUR packages or no longer useful packages (not the
case here, otherwise the stable version would not be in the repo).

BTW in the meantime the soundconverter-git package has been updated and
at least works now.

Best Regards

Stefan