[aur-requests] [PRQ#31736] Deletion Request for lib32-ffmpeg-semifull-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Jan 29 20:44:09 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for lib32-ffmpeg-semifull-git
[2]:

Seems like there is zero interest in this 32-bit git development
version of ffmpeg. There are already working stable alternative lib32
packages here. Historically Wine has been the biggest consumer of
32-bit ffmpeg, but they are close to eliminating 32-bit runtime
dependencies. I am already able to run my 32-bit games in 64-bit
wineprefixes, which use 64-bit Linux libraries.

Any specific package needing ffmpeg can rely on stable
AUR/lib32-ffmpeg.

This PKGBUILD has not been updated since September 2017.

The package is not buildable in its current state.
It is missing 16 (!) mandatory runtime dependencies and 1 make
dependency, all of which have been completely dropped from Arch and
AUR.

Safe to delete this unneeded package, as there are up-to-date working
alternatives in AUR, for those remaining 32-bit use cases that still
exist.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/lib32-ffmpeg-semifull-git/