[aur-requests] [PRQ#36146] Deletion Request for python2-ndg-httpsclient

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Jul 1 06:30:40 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python2-ndg-httpsclient [2]:

Please delete. Deprecated since 2018, not used anymore.

Has not been required by Python's urllib3 and requests since 2016,
but was kept as depends for those two (at least for their legacy
Python 2 packages) in Arch repos until being dropped from there.

So when I restored python2-requests and python2-urllib3 to
AUR, I've imported this back with them.

Now I've done some thorough cleanup for the latter two packages,
and it resulted in this package not being needed by anything.
So it's best to remove it.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python2-ndg-httpsclient/