[aur-requests] [PRQ#36211] Deletion Request for python-sqlalchemy-1.3.13

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jul 4 18:06:40 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python-sqlalchemy-1.3.13
[2]:

I don't think this orphaned package is needed on AUR.
Last updated in 2020 (v1.3.13).

Arch has the latest point release from this legacy-but-still-supported
SQL Alchemy 1.3.x line (version 1.3.24). [a]

As I understand it, point releases of this ORM library keep
API compatibility and only bring security and other fixes.

So I suggest to delete this package, because the repo version
should provide the same functionality with less bugs.

[a] https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/python-
sqlalchemy1.3/

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-sqlalchemy-1.3.13/