[aur-requests] [PRQ#36223] Deletion Request for linode-api-python-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Jul 5 20:51:52 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for linode-api-python-git [2]:

This Python2-only binding for the old Linode API seems not needed
anymore.

Discontinued since 2016 [a], its last release was in 2015. [b]

In the interim, there was a linode_api3 module (for Linode API v3).
(Has been discontinued after 2017.) [c]

Currently only the linode-api4 Python module seems to be supported
(compatible with Linode API v4.) [d]
The stable v4 version of the API exists since 2018. [e]

The last maintainer of this package disowned it after my asking if
this package is still required.

Therefore I suggest to delete it. Safe to do so: nothing on AUR
depends on it.

[a] https://github.com/tjfontaine/linode-python/commits/master
[b] https://pypi.org/project/linode-python/1.1.1/
[c] https://pypi.org/project/linode_api3/