[aur-requests] [PRQ#36293] Merge Request for rawstudio-git

Marcell Meszaros marcell.meszaros at runbox.eu
Fri Jul 8 00:08:34 UTC 2022

Hi there,

This request of yours is not going to be acceptable, as it offers to replace a package that is maintained well and conforms to the AUR guidelines, with a package that is not. And you should have sought the current maintainer's consent, and, preceding that, his guidance.

Please don't try to initiate takeovers like this.

And please don't create new packages with generic and non-informative labels added to their names.

Please delete your "add-patches" package, because it does not conform to expectations outlined in the AUR submission guidelines [a] and the Arch package guidelines. [b]

I suggest that you try to familiarize yourself especially with the Arch VCS package guidelines. [c]

Packages following a branch of a version control system's repository has to have a specific name suffix. ('-git' for a package following a git branch)

Also please understand, that 'merging' two AUR packages just means deleting the 'source package' from AUR and moving its comments and votes it had on its AUR page and adding them to the 'target package' AUR page.

I hope I was able to clarify some of the important topics required to become a 'fellow citizen' among AUR contributors. :)

Cheers,
Marcell
(just a regular fellow member)

[a] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines