[aur-requests] [PRQ#36367] Deletion Request for python-rrdtool

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jul 11 14:44:16 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python-rrdtool [2]:

This is a Python 2 bindings package for rrdtool (latter is available
in Arch repos).

The module itself has been discontinued after 2012; [a]
AUR package last updated in 2015.

GitHub repo archived. [b]

Only sickmuse (last released in 2013) depends on it, which is broken
due to missing deps. (Now pending deletion.)

Package is defunct due to misconfiguration: uses python (3) for the
build, and also skips building the Python bindings.

There is only 1 user comment, from 2016.

I do not see any useful purpose in keeping this package, so I suggest
deletion.

[a] https://pypi.org/project/python-rrdtool/
[b] https://github.com/pbanaszkiewicz/python-rrdtool

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/