[aur-requests] [PRQ#35095] Deletion Request for fftw-mpi

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Jun 5 17:03:07 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for fftw-mpi [2]:

I suggest this package is not needed anymore, as Arch/extra/fftw
enables mpi and openmp since 19 Jan 2020 (v3.3.8) [1]

(Arch fftw is v3.3.10, this package is v3.3.9;
flagged out-of-date since 2021-10-24.)

[1]: https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-
packages/commit/b621e65?diff=split

As noted in comment by jadelord on 2020-02-03, this package
provides static libraries (*.a) whereas extra/fftw does not.

But after thorough search on AUR, I was unable to find any package
that
would specifically need static libs. And all AUR dependents except two
depend on fftw, not this package. The two dependents are only
choosing this because of mpi, not because of static libs.
(I've notified both maintainers to switch their packages to fftw.)

So it is reasonable to say this package can safely be deleted.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/fftw-mpi/