[aur-requests] [PRQ#35359] Deletion Request for chowtapemodel.lv2-git Rejected

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Tue Jun 21 11:17:08 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-20 21:18:41 (+0000), notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> Request #35359 has been Rejected by Muflone [1]:
>
> the chowtapemodel-lv2-git is newer and other packages depend on
> chowtapemodel.lv2-git

The only other package depending on chowtapemodel.lv2-git is a meta
package, which can easily be adapted.

Upstream [1] is a cross-plugin-type project and the maintainer of
chowtapemodel.lv2-git has not been building (and refused to build) the
other plugin types for ideological/political reasons.

Building all plugin types in a split package is the only sane way to
deal with this package, which chowtapemodel-git already provides (even
though it is newer).
This has been communicated in #archlinux-proaudio and I see no reason as
to why to have chowtapemodel.lv2-git still be around. It has been
clearly communicated with the author of chowtapemodel-git to add further
maintainers (e.g. that of chowtapemodel.lv2-git) if they show interest.

Going through the hassle of merging the packages is more work than is
warranted given this situation IMHO.

Best,
David

[1] https://github.com/jatinchowdhury18/AnalogTapeModel