[aur-requests] [PRQ#35633] Deletion Request for cover_grabber

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Jun 21 21:35:50 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for cover_grabber [2]:

Orphaned package for an application discontinued in 2013.

It was a tool to download album art from Last.fm.
As someone who was quite an enthusiast of the latter,
I've felt the pain when it was sold to CBS or whoever
and started discontinuing all their open API's.

I am very sure that this application built 10 years ago
with Python 2 also would not work with Last.fm anymore.

Therefore I think it won't harm anyone if it's deleted.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/cover_grabber/