[aur-requests] [PRQ#35869] Deletion Request for nginx-amplify-agent

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Jun 25 10:37:14 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for nginx-amplify-agent [2]:

This package has been unmaintained since 2020.

I've updated it this months, only to find out only 3 days later
that the Nginx project removed its source code and release tarballs
from GitHub (by replacing the repo / force-pushing and empty repo
with only a Readme).

The source code has been removed from public access (BSD license
allows that).

Only binary release tarballs seem to be available now,
and only after registering an account and using a generated
personal API key.

I have no need for this application, and have no access to the binary
release tarballs.

As this application seem to have been not needed the past two years
(based on the lack of maintenance or comments here), and because
of the recent upstream change, I recommend this package to be deleted.

Should an AUR package be needed by anyone in the future, a new
-bin type PKGBUILD would have to be created anyway, instead of
building from source.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/nginx-amplify-agent/