[aur-requests] [PRQ#36011] Deletion Request for python2-episode-renamer

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jun 27 23:01:57 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python2-episode-renamer [2]:

Hi,

I suggest to delete this Python 2 based script to rename
TV series episodes, as it seems to have been discontinued
in 2015. I haven't been able to find direct forks.

There are several up-to-date alternatives on AUR:
* filebot (closed source, Java)
* tvnamer (Python 3)
* tvrenamer-bin (open source, Java).

Rationale: Python 2 packages are getting harder to maintain.
Python 2 is EOL since 2020, and more and more packages
get dropped from repos or become broken on AUR.

A dependency of this package, 'python2-beautifulsoup3'
(EOL 2019) is pending deletion as of now.

So if there is no objection, I think at this point this
package can be sunsetted as well.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python2-episode-renamer/