[aur-requests] [PRQ#36075] Deletion Request for python2-spectacle

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Jun 28 17:09:37 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python2-spectacle [2]:

I suggest to delete this Mer/MeeGo Python 2 helper module,
since it seems to have been discontinued years ago.

(There was some Python 3 commit in 2020, but that is not
relevant to this package.)

MeeGo is now Tizen and focuses on cars I think.

Nothing depends on this Python 2 module.
So it's safe to delete. Also it helps to reduce
AUR's Python 2 footprint (less packages for volunteers
to try to maintain).

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python2-spectacle/