[aur-requests] [PRQ#33068] Deletion Request for mymencoder

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Mar 7 23:35:04 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for mymencoder [2]:

Last updated in 2017, binary-sourced package, "source" gone (404).

It was a simple graphical frontend for the CLI-based mencoder (video
encoder) from mplayerhq.hu, created for PcLinuxOS.

Upstream URL is totally unrelated and doesn't contain any info about
this tool.

This is how it was supposed to look like:
https://ibb.co/562ZGxS

Some people went to a lot of trouble with xterm and vte
reconfiguration to make this tool work somewhat in 2020:
https://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=152456.0

I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to dig up some kind of
binary or source for this from the deep web.

Nowadays there are a plethora of GUI video editor and transcoder tools
available.
Handbrake seem similar to this one, also we have Avidemux-qt which is
similarly easy to use and can also edit/cut videos.
(And don't even let me get started on listing more alternatives. ;) )

Safe to delete, nothing depends on it, and it's a long discontinued
project anyway.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mymencoder/