[aur-requests] [PRQ#33479] Deletion Request for nvidia-dkms-performance

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Mar 23 17:21:48 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for nvidia-dkms-performance [2]:

Please delete this abandoned package,
as per suggestion of its former maintainer.

This is a binary-hacked / hex-patched NVIDIA
driver and is unsafe.

That is why its creator has abandoned it.
Instead they have created a new AUR/nvidia-tweaks
package which fine-tunes the NVIDIA driver
safely via modprobe config files.

Quote verbatim from former package owner:

" Cabopust commented on 2021-10-17 13:39 (CEST) (edited on 2021-10-17
13:40 (CEST) by Cabopust)

I am discontinuing support for this package. As I wrote below, I do
not see the point of this package and it also brought a lot of pain to
users with erroneous updates. I recommend that all users uninstall
this package and not return to it again.

As an alternative I created a new package nvidia-tweaks
( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nvidia-tweaks/ )
which does all the same optimizations made in this package, but in a
more correct way without many problems. The nvidia-tweaks package does
not care where you get the driver modules from or what version they
are, it just does it through modprobe configuration files."

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/nvidia-dkms-performance/