[aur-requests] [PRQ#34647] Deletion Request for pidgin-privacy-please

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun May 15 17:39:32 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for pidgin-privacy-please [2]:

As a suggestion I am submitting a deletion request.

GitHub repo deleted (404), last commit seems to have been in 2015.
Didn't find any source archive or fork that keeps/continues this
version.

The last stable v0.7.1, the source of this package, is from 2011.

There were several issues in that stable version, some of them might
have been fixed in the git version up until 2015.

But now the 2015 version is gone, only the 2011 version remains
at the old hosting URL (code.google.com).

I would think that at this point, users are better advised
to find up-to-date and working alternatives.

Nothing depends on this package on AUR.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/pidgin-privacy-please/