[aur-requests] [PRQ#34751] Deletion Request for fmodex4.26.36

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun May 22 11:19:12 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for fmodex4.26.36 [2]:

My previous deletion request was accepted as per my AUR Requests page,
yet the TU seems to have forgotten to delete this package (don't know
who, because I didn't get any notification about my request's status).

Copy of my earlier deletion request on 2022-04-12:

This package is unneeded.

Orphaned legacy package, last updated in 2016.

It packages a foreign binary, but that binary
was coming from an official OpenSUSE mirror in
the form of an RPM archive which is now gone (404).

No user complained about this build being broken.

Nothing in AUR depends specifically on this fixed-version
package. There are AUR packages that provide the latest
version of fmodex.

Therefore it's safe to delete this one; no impact.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/fmodex4.26.36/