[aur-requests] [PRQ#34977] Deletion Request for jdk9

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon May 30 22:54:18 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for jdk9 [2]:

EOL since March 2018, no extended support.
Download 404 (funtoo.org), behind loginwall (Oracle).

I am submitting this deletion request for consideration.
I don't think this package is needed anymore.

Arch still carries jre8-openjdk, and Oracle offers paid access
to Oracle JDK 8 but not for 9.

Rationale for deletion:
1- If this package cannot be salvaged, it is essentially
just spam on AUR. There are already too many legacy JRE
and JDK packages here.
2- EOL since 2018, therefore insecure. No one should use it, there
are alternatives for secure legacy versions.

Please consider and do as you see fit. :)

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/jdk9/