[pacman-dev] release roadmap?

Aurelien Foret aurelien at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 28 14:20:36 EST 2005

VMiklos wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:46:14PM +0100, Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>>The ORE tags from the file lib/libalpm/sync.c are placeholders for
>>missing chunks of code.
>>The commentaries associated with the tags were copied/pasted from
>>commentaries in the pacman.c file from pacman 2.9.7 to remind me to
>>implement the missing sections.
>>Implementing code for these parts may not be obvious and may need to be
>>discussed.
>>This is the most important task to achieve before pacman 3.0 can be
>>released.
>

> the question is if you plan to implement these or we should figure out
> the situation (probably it'll take some time for us) and try to do this?
>
> udv / greetings,
> VMiklos

I've already implemented sporadic parts of it, but it is only a first
try, and I'm not ready to commit or share it until I'm sure it is
possible to get it working right.

It is not really a simple task, and eventually, the transaction
structure need to be extended to support sync operations: sync_commit()
must be able to deal with both a list of packages to remove and to
install in the same operation.

To sum-up, there's nothing frozen for now, so I'm still interested to
hear ideas or suggestions on this topic, or to get some patches too!

--
Aurelien