[pacman-dev] [PATCH] pacman-lib /usr/sbin/chroot replace diff to chroot() (was in TODO)
krics at linuxforum.hu
Sun Oct 30 08:45:03 EST 2005
So i completed other entry which was in TODO.
I hacked pacman-lib to use chroot() system calls and not the binary one.
Entry was in TODO.
The attached patch is for latest checked pacman-lib, which is:
2005-10-29 09:18 aurelien
* src/pacman/: conf.c, conf.h: fixed parseconfig usage
* Removed old chroot binary detection part
* Removed global declaration for chrootbin.
* Added a complete new way to chroot and do things.
* Modified cmdline snprintf's to right way. Eliminated | (pipe) and
echo things, which looked terrible ugly :)
As you need to know, this patch using a fork() and chroot() and execl()
instead of system() call. execl() looks better and safer. fork() is
required for chrooting in child process, if i do not do a fork() then
whole process stays in chrooted env. So fork is neccessary as i think.
Please test it and see it, if it is ok, then commit it. (I tested it,
worked for me)
Christian Hamar alias krix
Frugalware Development Team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2688 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the pacman-dev