[pacman-dev] required by relation

Sergej Pupykin ps at lx-ltd.ru
Thu Aug 3 08:46:18 EDT 2006

 V> 1) as long as the dependencies are correct, you can't upgrade just
 V> openssl, since the old packages depend on the old openssl version

Does it mean that in all pkgs that depends on openssl must be versioned dep.
depends=('openssl==0.9.8')? If pkg depends properly will "pacman -S"
upgrade package that depends on openssl=0.9.7 to package that depends on
openssl=0.9.8?

 V> 2) -Syu will do all the work for you, so why not using it?

-u upgrades all packages. I want only openssl and pkgs that depends on it.