[pacman-dev] pacman.conf possible changes

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:17:46 EST 2006

On 12/8/06, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/12/8, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > On 12/5/06, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've included a patch to clean up pacman.conf a bit and move the
> > > instructions it provides at the top to a more applicable position in
> > > the file.
> >
> > Thanks!  I've included most of this in cvs.
>
> Shouldn't [unstable] be before community, current and extra by default? ;-/

People might get a bit too eager and uncomment the repo and run a
pacman -Syu, only to be on the forums five minutes later asking why
something doesn't work right. If you leave it below, they will have to
either purposely install something from unstable (e.g. by a 'pacman -S
unstable/nvidia') or read up enough to realize that if they prefer
packages from unstable, they will need to move the repo up in the
list. I personally have testing and unstable uncommented but below
current and extra, so I can pick what packages I want to install from
these repositories and not be left with an unusable machine.

Dan