[pacman-dev] Patch for makepkg bug #5021

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 04:23:29 EST 2006

2006/12/20, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> This is a _preliminary_ patch for bug 5021. It should do everything
> the original code does plus some. A few comments:
> 1. I have very little familiarity with info or doc files, and the find
> operation could be tightened up by adding an extension if they are
> always packaged this way (e.g. .info).
> 2. Is there ever a time where a folder would exist with the doc or
> info name and it shouldn't be deleted? Obviously these find operations
> will do that, so I would want to make sure this is the case. Good
> naming of directories would lead me to believe it shouldn't happen,
> but who knows...
>
> If anyone knows a good package to test this behavior on, let me know.
> I haven't yet ran it on a lot of packages. I tried running it on the
> gnubiff package listed in the bug report but got a linking error (with
> both the version in the PKGBUILD and the updated 2.2.4 version).

>  # move /usr/share/man files to /usr/man

IMHO $startdir/pkg/opt treeshouldn't be touched.
For example my abyssws package has /opt/abyssws/doc directory.
Of course KEEPDOCS can be used, but IMHO most packages in /opt should
keep untouched as much files as possible.
Anyway that's not a big problem. If it will decided so - KEEPDOCS may
be used for such packages.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)