[pacman-dev] Patch for makepkg bug #5021

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:01:54 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What about KDE?
> >
> KDE among others. Anything that is installed in /opt becomes a bit of
> an issue because each program has its own directory. It would be
> easier if people that packaged and/or used these packages could submit
> an update to that DOC_DIRS, as I don't use KDE.

alternatively, adding:
DOC_DIRS="${DOC_DIRS[@]},foo,bar,baz" inside the build() function
might work too... untested, but it should work in theory....

The rationale here being that it makes it easy to set the "keepdocs"
option without changing the PKGBUILD really, when compared to a "rm
-rf $startdir/blah/blah".

/me shrugs
Just thinking out loud