[pacman-dev] My makepkg changes/updates

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 12:49:42 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last email of the day, hopefully. Here is my current diff on makepkg,

Applied what you have.  As well as Jürgen's change.

Re: a few things

> +#TODO: is this necessary?
>  # convert a (possibly) relative path to absolute
>  cd $PKGDEST 2>/dev/null
No idea... I left that in there

> +#TODO is there a reason this is echo and not msg/msg2?
>  echo -n "    $file ... " >&2
Yes, because msg/msg2 don't accept/use the -n option

I like the idea of removing _package specific_ options from command
line params.  If you can change it in the PKGBUILD file, it doesn't
really need a command line option - so good call.

I also agree with the removal of command line srcdest/pkgdest... the
usage of it doesn't make sense to me... I don't know when someone
would want one specific package in an odd place.

Anyway, I applied this by hand as I don't have sophisticated patching
stuff at work (haven't installed cygwin yet) and it lets me see what
you are doing in alot of it.  So, if I did break something by doing
this, let me know.