[pacman-dev] NoUpgrade issues

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:59:18 EST 2006

2006/12/21, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> > So, the proposed solution, which is the easiest:
> > Fix pacman3 to store the correct md5 sum even if it is a NoUpgrade
> > file.  Then, we leave the NoUpgrade lines in pacman.conf and wait one
> > release (or more) to remove them.  Removing them will happen after
> > each NoUpgrade package has been upgraded (or artificially version
> > bumped).
> Sounds like a good way to handle it. I would make sure this type of
> explanation is included in a pacman.install file when we do push
> pacman 3 to release.

Agree.
Before you explained this bug I was sure that removing NoUpgrade lines
was needed since 2.9.8.
Now I know why my resolv.conf was overwritten once while it was in
backup and all NoUpgrade lines commented. I was sure that I didn't
miss something but was very confused at that time. :)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)