[pacman-dev] pacman3 logging issues

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 07:34:08 EST 2006

Hmh, i've read some trough the code right away.
As it seems, the log function is just called once per package upgraded, so my
intention is rather to look at the list and deplist building and execution of
the update.

I'm not very happy reading trough the code, i don't really get warm with it as
fast as i want, maybe caused by the fact i havn't been developing in c for
the past 2 years, as well as i developed in c++, not pure c.

Though, i'm trying to understand the architecture behind dep building. Seems
not "my way" as often in os applications, but it seems to work.

What i'm wondering is why sync is that often needed (see the log), especially
in a linear operation without threads.

Last but not least, i've taken a look into package signing, missing some
documentation on this tough (gnupg made easy).

Merry christmas,
// STi