[pacman-dev] New mirrors file

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 13:10:00 EST 2006

2006/12/26, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> Saw this (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6083) bug today on the
> bugtracker and also knew this was a problem anyway, so here is my go
> at it. I tried to make a more up to date mirror list from both the
> Wiki and the download page. I ran the rankmirrors script on it a few
> times to hopefully weed out the old/bad mirrors.

Good work!

> If someone that is
> skilled with automake/autoconf wants to finish the job, I'd appreciate
> it. Instead of having four more or less duplicate files in our
> repository, we could generate all of them from this one file.

Sadly /me don't have experience with GNU build system.

Please add Ukrainian mirror too ;)

# Europe
# - Ukraine
Server= ftp://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/ArchLinux/@REPO@/os/@CARCH@

Note that this might not work for non-Ukrainian users (due to traffic
cost separation it _could_ be disabled by ISP), I haven't checked
this. But it 100% works here.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)