[pacman-dev] release roadmap?

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sat Feb 4 10:31:00 EST 2006

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 11:31:49AM +0100, Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [1] bug in the conflict resolution in sync_prepare:
>
> Example:
>    :: Starting local database upgrade...
>    :: avahi conflicts with nss-mdns. Remove nss-mdns? [Y/n]
>    Remove:  nss-mdns
>
>    Targets: avahi-0.6.6-2 nss-mdns-0.7-4
>
> it seems that the "rmtargs" list was dropped from the implementation
> during the merge with pacman 2.9.x code...

interesting, i can't reproduce this:
$ sudo pacman -S libnfsidmap
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... :: libnfsidmap conflicts with nfsidmap.
Remove nfsidmap? [Y/n]
done.

Remove:  nfsidmap

Targets: libnfsidmap-0.12-1

i even tried the official cvs, but that works fine, too

could you put out the buildscript of these packages to clarify the
problem? (maybe it depends on if the packages is also provides the
other, or something)

> [3] cvs code synchronization with pacman 2.9.8:
>
> is it already done? or is there something missing?

judd can confirm this, but what i saw the manpages were outdated, i sent
a patch for this, but judd did it himself. so probably this is done

> [5] database cleanup
>
> - do not write empty entries in database files with db_write, (same
> thing for gensync? makepkg for .PKGINFO?)
> - do not add name and version entries in "desc" file (already available
> in the directory name), also for .PKGINFO file?

is this important for now? this would prevent people to downgrade to
pacman2 if they want

+ my [9]: review file conflict code:
what i posted already here, imho the state "dirs can't become files
(symlinks) during an upgrade (it's a conflict)" is too strict, we should
allow it

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--