[pacman-dev] [11] library symbols naming

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Feb 16 19:22:30 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 03:11:36PM +0100, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:

> > > Excepted static ones, yes.
> >
> > ok, then i take this
>
> http://frugalware.org/~vmiklos/patches/libpacman-proposed/_alpm.diff

is there any reason why this was not commented?

1) as reviewing the patches takes sometimes weeks, we had to create our
own tree
2) so every patch has to be backported manually
3) this patch is rather trivial
4) it implements Aurel's idea (not a Frugalware one)
5) you know that the patch was affected almost everything, and yes, it
no longer applies

sorry, but this is a bit annoying. i really don't want to port it again
to your cvs

possible sollutions i see:
- speeding up reviewing the patches a bit (apply/reject them in a week)
- giving cvs write access

comments?

udv / greetings,
VMiklos