[pacman-dev] [11] library symbols naming

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Fri Feb 17 09:19:26 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 09:10:28AM +0100, Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org> wrote:
> 6) if you had read my TODO completely, you would have notice that I
> suggested this change to be the last one to be done before a release.
> But you chose to do it and send it anyway...

okay, then just forgot that patch

> Should I feel sorry because you're working on a modified version of
> pacman sources, and that you have to backport your changes to the
> official sources in order send us patches, or that you have to merge our
> cvs code with yours?
> To be honest, I don't think so.
> You're maintaining a parallel version of pacman, and I'm not responsible
> for this choice.

of course that's our choice, that's not a problem. my problem is that
submitting the patches here requires some work. you know, a one-liner
sometimes a result of a half day of headache. then i submit here a
patch, and i even don't get a "rejected" answer after a week

> By the way, the fact that a patch does not apply cleanly is absolutely
> not an issue.

good to know :)

> For your information, I already applied it to my local code sources,
> although I didn't committed it yet. I'm still reviewing it (especially
> the need to rename symbols for db_XXX functions).

thanks for the info

> I don't see the need for it. If it takes more than a week to review and
> commit, what's the deal?

nothing just i can't write down everything about the patch in the mail
and then if you ask something, i won't know why i did something. look at
my "chroot - change working dir" patch: probably you haven't answered
because it takes time to prepare again the testsuite for verifying what
i wrote

the other problem with the slow review is that you reguralry find the
same bug what one of the patches fix, then you fix that, and then a)
just don't reply to my mail b) ask here why this fix is needed, it's
already been fixed. yes. two hours ago. and the patch was sent two
_weeks_ ago

> So, there's no reason to put us under pressure.

ok, as you want. just i see less and less motivation to submit patches
here, but that's your choice

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--