[pacman-dev] Little question regarding alpm

Joao Estevao trankas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:58:03 EST 2006

I'm currently trying to write a front end in python and a python
wrapper to alpm and I'm running into some problems.

I can't seem to be able to install a package twice. All goes well the
first time, but then I get this:

DEBUG: closing database 'extra'
DEBUG: freeing package cache for repository 'extra'

Then I tought I might have to re-open the 'extra' db, so I close it
and then I re-open it and get this:

FLOW2: target 'alsaplayer' not found -- looking for provisions

or sometimes I get :

RuntimeError: transaction not initialized

or sometimes it works.

I guess my question is this. Why does alpm close the db and free the
pkg cache when one installs some package(s)? Couldn't it refresh the
db and the pkg cache?

Thanks in advance and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joao
--
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
It makes the hand bleed that uses it.

-- Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)