[pacman-dev] pacman -Sw

Aurelien Foret aurelien at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 20 14:56:40 EST 2006

VMiklos wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 10:15:00AM +0100, Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org> wrote:
> i would say filter the output in trans.c, so that the fronend is
> allowed to choose if it asks the user or not
>
> here is a patch for that:
> http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=pacman;a=plain_commitdiff;h=20060218155904-e2957-78181e3f35b6f88e47c71cac897e5a44a9e96e3e.gz;

This patch is fixing outputs at the frontend level, but IMO, that's not
enough.

If I look at code more closely at pacman 2.9.8 code, there are several
chunks of code enclosed by the "if(!downloadonly) { ... }" statement
which does not exist in the cvs code.
Basically, in sync_prepare, the "checkconflict" part should not be
performed.

Idea: when should maybe split the code chunk in sync_prepare dealing
with deps and conflicts within the "if(!FLAG_NODEPS) { ... }" block in
two parts:

if(!FLAG_NODEPS) {
   checkdeps...
}
if(!FLAG_NOCONFLICT) {
   checkconflict...
}

with FLAG_NOCONFLICT being a new flag, that the frontend should force
when running "-Sw" in order to bypass all the conflicts checking.

Thoughts?
--
Aurelien