[pacman-dev] http date handing

Dale Blount dale at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 4 10:27:44 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

I know this probably doesn't belong here (since I can't offer a patch),
but you might know of a better solution than I.  It's probably not even
important enough to fix (unless the change can be copied to pacman3
also).

It seems date handling over http always thinks the package databases are
out of date.

If I run with -v, I get these every time when the database was last
sync'd via http.

failed to get lastupdate time for current (no big deal)
failed to get lastupdate time for extra (no big deal)
failed to get lastupdate time for unstable (no big deal)

It's my guess that's where the problem lies.  Screen capture
representing the problem is attached (to avoid line wrapping).

FYI, I'm using Arch's apache package and Arch's proftpd package on the
server.