[pacman-dev] libalpm or libpacman?

Mark Rosenstand mark at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 9 15:06:15 EST 2006

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if "Arch Linux Package Management" is the best name for
the new package library. I'm mainly concerned for relatively big
utilizers - currently only Frugalware - but also people such as LFS
users who seek a nice package management utility. (Of course all of them
should be using Arch as we all know it's superior! ;-))

libpacman doesn't sound too good, but any less flavored name should do
the trick. I guess it all boils down to whether pacman is "a package
manager" or "the Arch Linux package manager" - so, what is it? :-)

--
Mark Rosenstand           ,;-,  ,oOQ
Arch Linux               /_,K`  (§§)