[pacman-dev] download code in pacman

Aurelien Foret aurelien at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 15 16:54:20 EST 2006

VMiklos wrote:
> i mean that te integrity checks are done by the frontend currently but
> we could move that to the lib. you said no for the download code (in
> libalpm), you say no for the integrity checks in the lib, too?

Since the md5sum is an entry of sync databases, it can make sense to
have the library checking it.

There's currently only one place in the library code where it could fit:
the beginning of the sync_commit function.
But, I'm quite reluctant to add it there: that's absolutely not the
purpose of this function.

Anyway, the library already provides a way to get the md5sum entry from
a sync package, and it also provides a function to compute the md5sum of
a given file, so that there's almost nothing to do on the frontend side...
--
Aurelien