[pacman-dev] config handling

x.chantry at wanadoo.fr x.chantry at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 16 17:35:18 EDT 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 22:40:33 +0200
VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:09:02PM +0200, x.chantry at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> > First, I've to say that I don't see the point of NoUpgrade feature.
>
> it was usefull in pacman2 but it's not necessary in pacman3, you're
> right

Ha no I wasn't even aware of the difference about this in pacman3.
I was just referring to the fact that config files edited by the user
are never overwritten by pacman, so I thought it wasn't necessary
(as soon as config files likely to be edited are in the backup section).
It can still be useful in some cases I don't see :)

> > I've made a patch that makes NoUpgrade behave less annoyingly
>
> looks good to me, tought of course the final word is Aurelien's or
> Judd's one ;)
>
> ps: please keep the length of your lines under 80 chars, it's a bit
> annonying

Sorry about these long lines, I copied them from the current code,
but the diff makes them even longer.

XC