[pacman-dev] issues again about our patch queue

Travis Willard travisw at wmpub.ca
Thu Nov 9 17:00:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:38:49 +0100
VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:

> btw if you really hate all non-arch-devel contributors like krix and
> me and you want us to fork pacman and deny us to contribute, then
> say, what should be the name of the fork?
>
> you say "what the hell are you doing? you're violating gpl! stop
> contributing, fork!".

Just a bit of an outside comment, as I've never partaken in these
discussions before; I don't think I've ever seen phrak say he hates
non-arch-devel contributors OR that you should stop contributing.

Also, as far as I can tell, forking doesn't immediately imply that
contributions to the original tree have to stop. I know I, for one,
really appreciate all your contributions.  I'm positive phrak does too,
beyond any doubt.

I'm frankly just surprised to see so much vitrol on this mailing list -
I had no clue of the animosity that went on here sometimes. :P

--
Travis